Frederick Lurie began his career over 30 years ago as a trial and appellate lawyer in the Cook County Public Defender’s Office. After leaving the government to enter private practice, Mr. Lurie began to focus his attention on representing, contractors, material suppliers, design professionals and owners in construction disputes.
He tried his first mechanics lien case in 1987. Since then, Mr. Lurie has drafted and filed hundreds of contractor’s liens on behalf general contractors, subcontractors, sub-subcontractors, engineers, & construction superintendents on both private and public construction projects. Fred has filed numerous lawsuits to enforce contractor’s liens and defended lien foreclosure cases brought against owners, developers and other construction professionals.
Mr. Lurie has represented clients in cases involving both public and private construction projects and has filed and litigated payment and performance bond claims against sureties and claims to enforce public liens.
Fred’s experience also includes drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and designing and reviewing documentation for construction payouts to reduce the risk of lien claims after contractors have been paid.
If you have a construction dispute or project, contact The Law Offices of Frederick A. Lurie to obtain information about your rights.
Legal Specialties and Certifications
- United States District Court, Member of Trial Bar
Member Since: 1990
- Polish & Romanian is spoken in office
- DePaul University College of Law - Juris Doctor - 1982
- Lake Forest College - B.A. Philosophy, Sociology & Anthropology - 1978
- Illinois State Bar Association
Member Since: 1988
- Chicago Bar Association
Member Since: 1982
- American Bar Association
- ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Construction Claims Network
- Construction Law Group
- Construction Lawyer Network
- Construction Lawyers Only
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society Construction Law Section
- McGraw Hill Construction Events